Boards and Commissions
Our department is associated with several boards in the State of Michigan that keep the downriver community clean, organized, and business oriented. We are in contact with the boards below every month to ensure progress in our region. Community members involved in each meeting stand by our official motto - Omnis auctoritas populo est , "all power belongs to the people".
- Detroit Region Aerotropolis As an entire region, this board focuses on business acceleration in the Downriver area. The board is constantly involved with expansion and new investment around the Detroit Airport and Willow Run.
- The Downtown Development Authority (DDA) operates to halt property value deterioration, eliminate the causes of that deterioration, increase property tax valuation where possible in the business district of the City, and promote economic growth. With this board, the city is able to keep up with urban improvements. Click here to view the board agendas and minutes.
- Taylor's Brownfield Redevelopment Authority aims to redevelop contaminated areas (brown-fields) for reuse. This board is a part of local decision making to act upon projects which improve our environment. Click here to view the board agendas and minutes.
- The Local Development Finance Authority's main purpose is to analyze the patterns of employment or unemployment within our city. Their goal is to put plans in place which help spur growth within the community. This type of growth is mainly directed towards plans or proposals towards construction, rehabilitation, or remodeling an area within the district. With these improvements, jobs will be created.
- The Tax Increment Finance Authority is a board that discusses and manages the capture of property tax used to promote development throughout TIFA areas. Click here to view the board agendas and minutes.
- Ron Moran - Chairman
- Grant Alberts - Board Member
- Thomas Nester - Board Member
- Charley Johnson - Board Member
- Ed Swanson - Board Member
- Rich Todd - Board Member
- Cynthia Croft - Board Member
- Donna Colley-Andrews - Board Member
- Rob Pare - Board Member
- Jeff Horka - Board Member
- Amy Jurecki - Board Member
- Tim Schramm - Board Member
- Ron Moran - Chairman
- Rich Todd - Vice Chairman
- Alex Garza - Council Representative
- Moe Obeid - Board Member
- Jason McGuire - Board Member
- Fred Voran Jr. - Board Member
- Greg Bzura - Board Member
- Larry Keck - Board Member
- Aaron Cox - Board Member
- Mark Guzzardo - Board Member