About the Taylor Fire Department
About The Department
The City of Taylor Fire Department covers 24 square miles and serves a population of over 60,000 residents which can expand to some 100,000 people during the regular business day and around the holidays. The Fire Department is on guard with three centrally located fire stations for quick response and currently has four engines and one tower truck, along with a command vehicle. The Fire Department responds to some 8,000 runs annually and is highly trained in the latest lifesaving procedures. Along with a superb fire fighting force, the department has knowledgeable Fire Marshal’s division that is constantly educating the public about the dangers of fires.
The mission of the Taylor Fire Department is to provide protection of life, property, and the environment from the effects of fires, medical emergencies, and hazards. We engage the community in our mission through progressive community outreach. We will maintain a constant state of readiness to respond to all requests for services through training, maintenance of equipment, and a desire to serve our community.
Statement of Core Values
We, the members of the Taylor Fire District are committed to the following values in our interactions with coworkers and customers:
- Professionalism– In application, appearance, attitude and standards
- Integrity– Demonstrate honesty and fairness
- Compassion– Demonstrate kindness and empathy
- Responsibility and Accountability– Professionally, personally and fiscally responsible for our actions
- Respect– For each other, our Department and our customers, the citizens and visitors of Munds Park
- Diversity– Be open minded and responsive to the uniqueness of our community without regard to age, gender, religion or ethnic origin
- Commitment– In all department endeavors
- Teamwork– Encourage unity and a cooperative attitude
- Health and Safety – Personal and professional health and safety is paramount in fulfilling the mission of the Pinewood Fire Department.