A message from the Clerk's OfficeUnable to attend the polls or just looking for a more convenient way to vote? You may be eligible for absentee voting. There are several acceptable reasons to vote absentee:
- You are 60 years of age or older
- You will be absent from the community on election day, while the polls are open
- You are not physically able to attend the polls without assistance of another
- You can not attend due to religious reasons
- You have been appointed as an election inspector, in a precinct that is not your own
- You are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
Don't worry about remember to look for an application every election. Sign up for our permanent absentee voter list to receive the applications in the mail automatically. Sign up is easy, simply submit a request online or call my office.
The regularly scheduled Study Session and City Council meeting for Monday, November 6, and Tuesday, November 7, will be held on Wednesday, November 8 at 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., respectively.
City Council meeting change
Polls are open from 7 am until 8 pm
Please have valid photo identification at the polls
List of acceptable identification
If you do not have a valid photo ID you must sign an affidavit of identity
For more information, please contact the City Clerk's Office
Or visit the Michigan Voting Website
If you have a group interested in registering to vote and would like the Clerk to attend an event to assist with registration, please contact the City Clerk's Office at
734-287-6550 option 6.
Feel free to email the Clerk's Office with any questions you may have.
Remember, every vote counts, so please exercise your right to do so!